Have you ever wanted to find a way to supplement your salary with a side-gig, make extra money from home, or build a dream business around your talents, skills, and passions? I just wrote a post on FatWallet in celebration of Women’s Money Week on the topic of Using What You Know to Increase Income. And as a supplement to the post, I’m rounding up some of my favorite resources to help you do just that!
Sadly, as women, we don’t always realize our value. It could be that we don’t want to come across as full of ourselves, or that we cannot see the value in ourselves that others see. It could be that we’re struggling with the insecurity, self doubt, the impostor syndrome or that we think we don’t know enough yet to be a leader in our families, communities, and business niche.
Whatever the reason, it’s time we strip away our inhibitions and step into our greatness. It’s time for us all to become the women we’re meant to be. Here’s a list of my favorite books to help you realize your worth and brainstorm ways to turn what you know into extra money or maybe even a dream career! They are all available at Amazon.
- The Me I Want to Be by John Ortberg
- Put More Cash in Your Pocket: Turn What You Know Into Dough by Laurel Langmeier
- The Barefoot Executive by Carrie Wilkerson
- Get Paid for Who You Are by David Wood
- The Flip Flop CEO by Janine Finney and Lory Muirhead
- The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson
- Book Yourself Solid by Michael Port
- The Go Giver by Bob Burg and John David Mann
- The One Minute Millionaire by Mark Victor Hansen and Robert E. Allen
Women’s Money Week is a celebration by a bunch of bloggers with the intention of inspiring women to take control of their finances and change their lives. We are blogging every day on various topics leading up to International Women’s day on Friday, May 8th. I hope you’ll join us!